Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Marzipan & white chocolate bundt cake with amaretto glaze and strawberries



I baked this bundt cake following a sudden inspiration, but this was one of the best bundt cakes I have ever baked (at least I think, because you should always say so about your latest creation in the kitchen). If I am right, Nigella has a similar cake in one of her books – at least when I tasted the bundt cake first, I could realize the similarity (and others could realize it, too, so I just write this down to avoid the accuse of plagiarism, although I did not even approach that book). This is a simple, but spectacular cake. In contrast to the baking, I prepared much for the photo. Because one can sometimes go crazy: I collected rose-hips without gloves when it was raining cats and dogs, I painted some tiles of disgusting colour to white, I glued and grouted them with a bad glue gun. But the strange thing is that I enjoyed all this procedure.






Marzipan & white chocolate bundt cake with amaretto glaze and strawberries

For the marzipan & white chocolate bundt cake:
- 220 g butter, at room temperature
- 120 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ lemon’s zest
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 250 ml amaretto
- 100 ml milk
- 220 g flour
- 40 g corn starch
- 12 g baking powder
- 40 g almond, toasted and ground
- a pinch of salt
- 80 g marzipan, cut into small cubes
- 50 g white chocolate, chopped

For the amaretto glaze:
- 75 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. amaretto
- 1 lemon’s juice

For the pan:
- butter
- flour

For serving:
- strawberries

Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Divide the eggs.
3. Mix the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, then add the egg yolks one by one. Mix in the lemon zest, the almond extract, amaretto and milk.
4. Sift the flour, the corn starch and the baking powder together, then add the almond, as well.
5. Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff peaks form.
6. Fold the flour mixture and the beaten egg whites to the batter alternately.
7. Spread some butter in the pan and sprinkle it with flour and pour the batter into it. Bake it in the oven for approximately 45 minutes until it turns golden brown.
8. Mix the ingredients of the glaze with a whisk until smooth and pour the glaze on the top of the bundt cake. Serve it with strawberries.

3 comments:

  1. Realy nice blog!! Love this cake. Marzipan is so Christmas time!! Wanna try it. Happy day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! This looks like a fabulous cake. Sorry if it's obvious, but when does the marzipan get added? I can't seem to see it in the preparation instructions.

    ReplyDelete