The idea comes from the Italian pici con ragú (this recipe is based on Jamie Oliver’s version). But I make it a little bit English by adding some beer, a little Hungarian by making it with noodles, and a little American by adding salted peanuts. I think we must sprinkle it with parmesan on the top, but make your own version!
Beer beef stew with corn noodles
For the corn noodles:
- 500 g corn flour
- 400 ml water (as much as necessary)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1,5 tsp salt
For the tomato beef stew:
- olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 4 bay-leaves
- 1600 g peeled, chopped tomato (tinned)
- 150 ml brown beer
- salt, pepper
- 100 g salted, roasted peanuts (ground)
For the top:
- parmesan (grated)
- Fry the onion on the oil (salt it), then add the minced meat (salt and pepper it) and the spices. Fry the meet, and then pour the tomatoes and the beer to it. Salt and pepper it, and cook it for 2 hours under cover at low fire. At the end add the peanuts too.
- Knead all the ingredients for the noodles, then put the dough on a cutting board, and cut noodles with a knife. Drop them in hot, salted water and cook them.
- Mix the noodles with the stew, and sprinkle the dish with cheese.